Wednesday, April 20, 2005

All wrapped up...

It's the time for no more fooling around.. (yeah right..) Exam time and I am wrapped up with 4 reports to be handed in with due dates soooooo close to the exams. Though I have only two paper to sit for, the rest of the subjects really do depends solely on reports and presentations. Imagine the stress of writing up 3000 words per report in a go.. however, 3 accomplished 1 to go.. And when can I then focus on my TWO papers? Time is precious but look at me now, can't resist the tempatation of wanting blog and blog.. I promise myself to make it short and simple, so I crammed every thoughts that I have gathered this past week into one posting. (Been collecting the ideas and views to write on this postings, but the longer I keep it, the less I tend to publish it.)

The UK General Election 050505...
Nice selection of date.. As been well publicized in the UK, the Prime Minister's Office in London, the 10, Downing Street have declared that the Parliament was dissolved on April 11th. Anyone up to general elections? Real interesting to see the setting of UK's political scene. The day where everyone is said to wanting to topple down Tony Blair (just in words, but not doing so.. haha).. The Labour and Conservative are competiting head to head now, with each party delivering their own "TV campaign", you can see how well the politicians actually act in front of the camera. Judge it yourself, looking at Tony Blair's and Gordon Brown's tactics of attacking Micheal Howard's Conservative party... they really hit the point aint it? (pronouce it the British way).. More research about the political scene is coming from me, after the 29th of April (Wastewater Engineering Exam). As I am attaching the links to these website, I remembered the issue told by one of the someone from BBC that, the internet being the easiest most powerful links to General Elections information. Too easy for access.. Here's a list of the competiting political parties. Make notes about what are their manisfestos.. and why were they established.

Labour Tony Blair
Conservative Micheal Howard
Liberal Democrat Charles Kennedy
Veritas new RobertKilroy-Silk ?
UK Independence Party

Bringing the Chemical Engineers in you...

I attended the IChemE AGM (North West Branch) last Monday, just to have an insight what the fuss of IChemE is all about. Since I have already registered with them (and paid a certain amount of pound sterling), I might as well make an effort to join them.. Berdiri sama tinggi, duduk sama rendah.. terasa sekali dalam majlis macam ni.. Oh yeah, (to En Razak, my ex-boss.. ) I've had the pleasure of learning a new perspective of Chemical Engineering.. It's history!.. A long time ago, I was questioned about whether I really do know the history of my profession.. errr.... of course not at that time NO.. and since Prof John Perkins, former President of IChemE delivered a presentation on this, I figured I should not miss these very important facts(so that I can tell my ex-boss now I knew it all, from the original speaker!). The names Davis, Lavoisier, Dupont, etc.. now I know who they were'. Manchester, the setting where it took place, the heart of Industrial Revolution in the UK.

Manchester Malaysian Night.
Grandest event of the year (for us lah.. whom trapped in this place called kampung Manchestee). The 'gian' side of me showed off when I appeared to be sibuk-menyibuk (kepochi) with the performance that I used to get involved with, semasa muda-muda dulu.. Tarianlah, Dikir Baratlah.. and Silat!!! (Kembara aje tak masuk list sini).. its ok.. I enjoyed some good dose of kompang playing, Kurik Kundi and Nirmala dance.. yang silat ni aliran lain (the one with Kulop & Jack's) , as I figured it should be. PEJA is going to "levitate" himself in this performance which I know he may well be capable of doing.. Menarik bukan? So, friends from all over UK, let's join us this Saturday.. Grandest event for Kampung Manchestee..

No comments: